Tuesday 10 September 2024

Pre-Diabetes/Weight Control Report 17

Hello, everyone.  I hope you are all doing  well on your programme, however long you've been at it.

Mine is beginning to run out but I'll continue reporting to the end.

Sorry for the long break but what a summer it has been!

After the election, original plans were shunted aside by vital non-food requirements that had to be dealt with immediately.  

It was wonderful to have the hours of time to provide the material needed.  

Regarding the pre-diabetic programme things have gone well over the summer.  The extra weight has gone and I'm hovering around my target weight.  Blood sugar tests show no cause for concern.

I think I have finally found a food plan that works for me, providing loads of nutrients plus the occasional treat.  I have a moderate breakfast with maybe a few carbs (sometimes a smoothie), a huge salad of raw and cooked veg with protein for lunch and carbs, veg & a little protein for evening.  

I usually keep treats to once a week.  Interestingly my food diary  shows that an extra sweet doesn't make much difference to weight or blood sugar.  

I continue to exercise regularly (over 5 hours last week after flu) and I watch my protein levels closely, usually managing 50-60g of fish, meat & (limited) pulses.  Exercise includes weight training, yoga, long walks.   

I'm still focusing on FodMaps which add an interesting dimension to food planning and shopping.  I am also adapting recipes to dairy-free and spelt flour to make recipes more Kosher friendly.  

This week's blog includes several updated archive recipes for busy September, some of which kids can make easily.  

And if you love American comfort food like Deep Fried Chicken, try the updated skinny version of Southern Spiced (Un-fried) Chicken, posted this week.  It's low fat/cholesterol/salt, beautifully spiced and baked crisply, not fried.

See you next time. 


9 September 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment